Friday, August 19, 2011

Restore My Victory.

Redemption may feel like a long way from home
but I've only myself to blame.
Decision is haunting everywhere I go.
and it's driving me insane

With pressure he comes
and with pressure he leaves
no more room, nowhere
for me to grieve

With those lies he comes
with my heart he leaves
no more room, no air
for me to breathe

If they only heard my whisper
how I long to be
maybe the darkness
would settle in me

If they felt my memories
understood my loss
maybe the power
would be restored to the cross

With pressure he comes
with pressure he leaves
no life left in these bones

With those lies he comes
oh how he tortures me
leaving me out on my own

Tell me I'm safe
Lead me on home
Restore my victory
bring me out of the cold

Redemption may feel like a long way from home
I've only myself to blame.
I want to let the truth inside so bad
I think I'll be glad it came.

No comments:

Post a Comment