Sunday, March 2, 2014

Psalm Of Hope

How often I forget of your great love O God,
How you have redeemed my life from the pit,
The overwhelming grace you have poured out on me.

Night comes like a thief, but the light of the world is never too far behind, his arm is never too short to save.

O Lord how I let the burdens of this world rest on my shoulders. Why?

Where was I when you created the heavens or spoke the Earth into existence? Do I possess knowledge of the heavenly storehouses full of snow or perceive where the lightning comes from?

O God grant me sight that I may look to you and see your full glory and find myself in it that I may live.

My flesh is limited, you are limitless.

My strength is weak, I often find myself burned out. The flame of your love never stops burning.

Oh how I have tried to find strength in flesh! Only to come up short time and time again!

O God have mercy, let me bask in your presence. Let goodness and mercy follow me the rest of my life, that I may dwell in your house forever.

You are indescribable, unlimited, loving, full of truth and beauty and life. I am full of death. Let me drink from your water and sing of your love everlasting.

Do not hide your face from me Lord, make my ways known to you. Be the bread of my life, never let me go hungry.

I cried out from the pit "where is my God?" 
You replied "I see the depths of your heart and love you the same."

O Lord gaze into my depths, do not let me hide. Love me, teach me, never leave my side.

The Lord is my refuge and strength, an ever preset help in trouble. He leads me beside still waters, he is my rock and fortress.

Why so downcast O my soul? Put your hope in God. For though the earth give way and nations fall into the sea, I will look to the heavens and praise, I will lift up a song to the God of my life.

Your ways are not my ways, you walk in the way everlasting. Your precepts I will obey, your life I will seek. Never let me go. Never let me cling to flesh, but make me born of spirit, that my life may glorify you.

No comments:

Post a Comment