Monday, September 12, 2011

Direction

Can I create something from nothing?
Is it possible to do what you do?
Cause when I look in myself
and at everyone else
There's no way this reality's true

We need order and borders
and bosses to say
Here's the box
and here's where you fit in

But as I try to break free
I stumble and fumble
and my sin
gets the better of me

When I face isolation
my thoughts run away
and I chase them all day
but I dont know where their going to
When I am super inactive
my thoughts become captive
and I attempt to see
somewhere in me
to tell me where I'm going to

The fuller the schedule
the richer the life
these lies are painted on

The less that you do
no one could ever love you
this thought comes on so strong

But me,
I long for direction
not dissatisfaction
I'm trying, I'm trying
I'm trying, I'm trying
But what I'm selling myself
my heart is not buying
so I'll give it right back to you

Maybe you can show what use I have
what steps to take, on this well-beaten path
I refuse to cave in, to believe its not true
that in you, and through you, and with you

I'll know just what to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment