Saturday, September 17, 2011

Perception is reality?

How I long to see what's on my heart
be spoken of on your lips
Because I don't know how to say
that my heart overflows

Perception is reality, they tell me
So I suppose
Your thought of me after the talk, the laughter
I've no clue where it goes

I only hope where I land
is that part of your brain
that allows you to have grace
for a broken man like me

My day to day, the unseen
it's more than you've yet to know
but the praise that comes
I wish it would never go

If it were up to me I'd always manage my personality
but that's constrictive
What I'd really like is for you to see
the parts of me that are wicked

I'd like to know if you'd stay or go
based on the depths of my heart
Because this perception of me, that you think you see
has been hard to maintain from the start

So I breathe, and I hope
I hope for a love deeper
I hope for a love
I hope for a love
I hope
I hope
I hope

that you could care about the parts of me
That no one else has yet to see.

No comments:

Post a Comment